Saturday, 17 November 2012

BLOG #94 - THE 3rd SALTBURN BEER FESTIVAL, COMMUNITY and ARTS CENTRE, SALTBURN-by-the-SEA, N YORKS




"Don’t give me a problem unless you have a solution".
 
When this becomes the mantra that a manager consistently conveys, you have to ask yourself “If you’re not going to manage this, what on Earth do you actually get paid for, at three times my salary?” since this response to raising a problem has become a norm with some organisations.
 
I don't care if it's part of blue-sky thinking...
 
The key message surely is that the systems and working practices that we implement function exactly the way they were designed to work – but these systems could be either of our action, and/or of our inaction. If we don’t think the systems work, they need to be changed and that often involves procedures, rules and protocols.

When I hear the above comment from a manager, I think to myself that this is a person who happily abdicates responsibility and if staff get it wrong, he/she can deny all knowledge…
 
 




 




The 3rd Saltburn Beer Festival
Saltburn Arts and Community Centre
Albion Terrace
SALTBURN-by-the-SEA
North Yorkshire TS12 1JW
Tel: 01287 624997

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually
    recognize what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my website =). We could have a hyperlink change agreement among us

    Here is my webpage - low price hotels
    My website - last minute hotel deals

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.